Ohlone College Community Education
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I contact Ohlone for Kids?
Ohlone for Kids can be reached at (510) 742-2304 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How do I register for courses?
Q: What if I am receiving error message when I am registering?
- Click on the "sign in" button on the left hand menu to register. If you are a returning student, enter your username and password. If you are a new student create a new student profile. Follow the prompts to enter the requested information in order to set up a profile.
- If you are registering multiple students in a household, or registering your child, create a "household profile." If you are registering yourself create a "student profile. You will receive an email verification that your profile has been set up and at that time may login to register for courses.
- Add to cart the course(s) you wish to register for. You can search for courses by entering terms in to the search box, or you may navigate through the listed courses by category on the courses menu.
- Once you have added all of the courses to your cart that you would like, complete course registration with Visa or Mastercard. Your credit card billing address must match your address to complete the transaction.
A: Please use the following link to clear your browser settings: http://production.augusoft.net/customercenter/docs/documents/IE_BrowserSettings.pdf
Q: If I am enrolling my child in a camp or in OFK, do I enter my name or theirs?
A: When enrolling for classes or camps please create a "household profile" and add students as youth members and follow the registration process. Credit Card payment is verified by billing address, so there is no need to put the payee's name.
Q: What if I forgot my username and password?
A: If you forgot your password simply go to the login screen of registration and click "I forgot my password." Provide the applicable information and your password will be emailed to you. If you forgot your username, please call Community Education at (510) 742-2303 and we will send you an email with your profile information.
Q. What is the OFK federal Tax-Id information so that I can report the fees on my income taxes?
Our Tax-Id number is: 94-237-8181. Click here for additional OFK income tax information.
To print a copy of your receipts.
1) Log In
2) On the left side choose the “my transaction”
3) Choose print view
4) Print out your receipt
5) If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our office. 510-742-2304
Q. How will I be notified if a class I've registered for is cancelled? Is there a refund?
Students are notified by email and phone no later than three (3) working days before the start date of the class. A full refund will ONLY be issued for cancelled classes.
Q. How do I request a refund for a Community Education class?
The Community Education Department, faculty, and facilities are funded solely on course registration and student paid fees. Because the programs do not receive any State or Federal funding, all class enrollments are final, therefore there are no refunds. Credit vouchers are available for certain courses within certain programs for a limited period, and are determined on a case by case basis. We reserve the right to substitute instructors, discontinue, postpone, combine and/or cancel any course.
If a cancellation is awarded, the following stipulations will be in place:
- Credit card refunds will only be issued to the same credit card used during the initial transaction.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for check refunds.
- Each student-requested class change or class cancellation is charged a $25 service fee per class.
- There will be no refunds for no-show attendance or for going to a wrong location.
- No refunds will be issued for missing a class meeting.
- Class enrollment is not transferrable.
- Refunds will not be pro-rated.
Cancellations: Students will be notified of any cancellation and a full refund will be issued if a course is cancelled.
Q. Can I register for classes online?
Yes. In fact, online registrations are considered the most efficient method of enrollment. Students who enroll online receive instant enrollment confirmation and can print class schedules immediately. Our site is safe, secure, and efficient.
Q. Do I need to bring a class confirmation to the first class meeting?
We do not mail class confirmations. If you register online you will receive email confirmation. The registered students’ names will be on the roster. When enrolling, please select the "include me on the email list" so that you can receive your class confirmation. Students are encouraged to bring thier registration receipts to the first meeting to verify thier seat in the course.
Q. How can I get in touch with an Ohlone for Kids teacher?
Students/parents may email OFK questions to the Community Education department. Emails are forwarded to instructors and response will be sent to the student. Community Education instructors may give students their personal emails, but this practice varies among instructors.